Language Art Class

Language Art Class

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Changes by Tupac Shakur Questions

1. What is the tone of the song?
- The tone of the song are sad and angry.

2. What imagery does Tupac use?
- He used the words to create a scene that is happening around him.

3. What figurative language does he use?
- He used onomatopoeia and rhyming.

4. Make a Text to Self connection.
- When I was young, I met a friend who was from the United State, and she was black. I thought that she's not from our country, so we don't play with her. But when I read the poem and the book I found in the Library earlier this year, I felt so bad for her, and suddenly I just wanted to hug her so much and say sorry to her. I really regret that I didn't play with her.

5. Make a Text to Text connection.
- I used to read a book about Human's Rights in the Library and it was talking about what rights do we have. There are many rights, but mainly, the book wrote about racism, at first I thought "I don't know what Racism means, let's turn the page" but then as I read along, I understand Racism better and see that it's a REALLY BAD THING, and I should never racist. When we read the poem in class, it reminds me of the book.

6. Make a Text to World connection.
- When I read the poet, I thought about black people who were treated badly by the white people because the white people were racing the black people just because they don't have the same skin color.

No comments:

Post a Comment